Nov 27, 2011

Laurieann Gibson DISHES On FEUDING With Diddy And CREATING Lady Gaga

In the latest issue of "BE" (Beauty Elegance) Magazine, Laurieann Gibson reveals deets about her feud with Diddy and how she created megastar Lady Gaga. Get the highlights inside....

Although most folks know her for her work AND dramatic split with megastar Lady Gaga, famed choreographer Laurieann Gibson is stepping out from behind the shadows and proving she is a creative force to reckon with.

Having worked with everyone from Nicki Minaj to Mary J. Blige, Laurieann recently dished to BE Magazine about her public blowout with P.Diddy and how she helped build Lady Gaga.  Here are some highlights:

ON HAIR...

You've pulled off some funky hairstyles. Was there a favorite?

"I think it's when I shaved my sides off. I like less hair on my head. It was a great way to dance and not have the weight on the side of my head. It looked good and punky and funky. It was a rebellious, permanent accessory. 

ON DIDDY...

You had a public feud with Diddy. Where do you stand with him now?

"He's my brother. At the time [of our feud] I didn't know I was getting popular. He was reacting and was trying to keep me in a state of mind where I didn't know. I don't let anyone disrespect me...he came at me. I went on my own way. It was great. We spent a year developing our relationship...I was really happy when he called me."

ON LADY GAGA.....

What is it about Lady Gaga that got people so enamored with her?

"I think they are enamored by the movement of it. She allowed my gift to do what it does...She broke through and allowed it all to happen. She's so brave. She's so fearless. Some artists, they won't let go. She''ll let got. A lot of the time I work with artists who are afraid."

 

In her photos for the magazine, she rocks looks from Pucci, Dolce & Gabbana, Nicole Miller and Giuseppe Zanotti.

 

Photos via Giuliano Bekor/ Stylist: Christopher Mannor / Hairstylist: Maisha Oliver / Makeup: Nakeah Fuller

Source: http://theybf.com/2011/11/25/laurieann-gibson-dishes-on-feuding-with-diddy-and-creating-lady-gaga

Bow Wow Nicki Minaj wade phillips Amber Rose karina smirnoff Natalie Nunn