Jan 26, 2011

Donald Sutherland Gets a Star Next to Kiefer's

Bestowed his very own sense of Hollywood immortality, Donald Sutherland received the 2430th star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Wednesday (January 26).

The 75-year-old actor was presented the honor by "Horrible Bosses" co-star Colin Farrell during a laid-back ceremony taking place next to Donald's son Kiefer's Walk of Fame star.

With Universal Studios President and COO Ron Meyer also partaking, the group gathered together for pictures after Farell joked around and told everyone how Donald saved him - as he could never smoke next to him.

Prior to the ceremony, Sutherland said of the honor, "It's lovely. You're 75 years old. It's different from what it is if you're a young person in the full flush of your career when your future's ahead of you. My future is behind me so when you're my age and you go for a drive, you pass the cemetery, you turn and look. You're window shopping! I was thinking about this thing (Walk of Fame honor) on Hollywood Boulevard and I realized I was going to have my stone and the great thing about this one is I will be able to visit it. The other one (grave headstone) I won't, I'll be under it."

Meanwhile, fans can catch Donald in his new movie "The Mechanic" opening in theaters this Friday, January 28th.

Co-starring Jason Statham, the action flick "follows an elite hit man as he teaches his trade to an apprentice who has a connection to one of his previous victims."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/colin-farrell/donald-sutherland-gets-star-next-kiefers-465328

Dr Dre Bow Wow Nicki Minaj wade phillips Amber Rose karina smirnoff