Aug 31, 2011

Alicia Keys Covers GLAMOUR Magazine Alongside Jennifer Aniston & Demi Moore

Alicia Keys is getting Glamour-rific with 2 of Hollywood's A-Listers.  Check out Mrs. Beatz's October 2011 Glamour mag cover with Jennifer Aniston and Demi Moore.  Plus, what she and the ladies had to say about the short films series concerning breast cancer, that they all directed for Lifetime.

 

Check it after the cut...

The ladies make white tees and jeans look subtly sexy in the upcoming issue of GLAMOUR magazine.  The Hollywood mega-stars, Alicia, Demi, and Jen, directed a series of short films for Lifetime entitled Five, about women and breast cancer that show how breast cancer affects women’s lives, families and friendships.  They open up about the crucial women’s health crusade that brought them together.  And they're even dishing on their husbands, boyfriends, and kiddies, too.

Alicia spoke on what her short film is about...and baby Egypt:

On choosing to direct her Five film Lili...
“After I read the scripts, I felt like this was something important, and I wanted to be a part of it. I chose Lili because she’s close to my age and I understood the family dynamic. I had an immediate idea of what I could bring to it.”

On reality music shows like American Idol…
“Initially, I felt like it was showing people that to be an artist you’re just supposed to get on TV. But as time passed, and the industry changed, I started thinking of it as an outlet for people who otherwise wouldn’t have any opportunity to be heard. Now I think it’s a good thing. When you’re talented, you’re talented.”

On the breakthrough moment she had while in Egypt (it inspired her son’s name too!)…
“It was a time of transition. There were certain people [I was working with] who weren’t right. I had friends who weren’t right anymore. I was tired and I had overworked myself and burnt myself out. So I went to Egypt by myself. When I saw what was built there, it made me understand how powerful we are, that we can create anything. And I felt like I needed to create things that were timeless too.”
 

In their NYC photoshoot seen above, Jennifer Aniston is wearing a white Splendid tank, Hudson jeans and jewelry by Fred Leighton. Demi Moore sports a white 180 by Jean Yu tank, Levi’s jeans, Jack Vartanian necklace and Cartier ring. And Alicia Keys joins in with a white T by Alexander Wang shirt, J Brand jeans, Ippolita ivory resin bangle (30 percent of proceeds from the sale of each bangle will benefit breast cancer awareness) and De Beers white gold and diamond bracelets. 

The issue hits newsstands nationwide September 6, 2011 and digitally (iPad and Barnes & Noble Nook Color) on August 30, 2011.  Check out the full interview over at GLAMOUR.

Photog: Alexei Hay

Source: http://theybf.com/2011/08/30/alicia-keys-covers-glamour-magazine-alongside-jennifer-aniston-demi-moore

Necole Bitchie Rihanna jeff gordon jeff burton meredith vieira Keri Hilson