Oct 24, 2011

Demi Lovato Sings the National Anthem at the World Series

Taking her turn at getting the Fall Classic underway, Demi Lovato was front and center at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, Texas on Monday night (October 24).

Wearing the hometown team's jersey, the 19-year-old belted out the Star Spangled Banner prior to Game 5 of the World Series between the St. Louis Cardinals and the Texas Rangers.

Talking about the monumental experience, Miss Lovato told MTV News prior to her National Anthem performance, "I'm so excited. I just nearly died when I found out. I cannot wait."

"My fans were actually the ones that sent a petition saying, like, 'Can we get Demi to sing the national anthem?' and sent it to the MLB and the Rangers' Twitter, and they saw it and they called," Demi added. "So without my fans' support, I wouldn't be singing the national anthem."

Asked who she's cheering for when it comes to the big game, Lovato (who hails from Dallas, Texas) dished, "I don't have a favorite player. I support my home team."

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/demi-lovato/demi-lovato-sings-national-anthem-world-series-555529

jeff gordon jeff burton meredith vieira Keri Hilson Eva Longoria Keyshia Cole